Affirm VPIII Sample Collection Sets
The Affirm VPIII Microbial Identification Sample Collection Sets are a part of the Affirm VPIII Microbial Identification System, the only direct specimen DNA probe test for Candida species, Gardnerella vaginalis and Trichomonas vaginalis.
The BD Affirm VPIII Microbial Identification Test uses DNA probe technology to accurately and quickly identify Candida species, Gardnerella vaginalis and Trichomonas vaginalis.
- Results for six samples are available in less than an hour
- More consistent, accurate results with DNA technology
- Clear results: Provides objective results; built-in procedural control
- Detect mixed infections: One patient sample gives you results for Candida species, G. vaginalis and T. vaginalis
- Eliminate reporting errors from subjective interpretation of microscopy results
Good Business for Your Lab:
With the BD Affirm VPIII Microbial Identification Test, your lab can make a measurable contribution to the care of vaginitis patients.
- Quick turnaround time: Up to six results in less than an hour, less than 2 hours for a batch of 12 samples
- Accurate results on three pathogens associated with up to 90% of vaginitis/vaginosis cases
- Turnkey system fits right into your lab and your lab’s workflow
- No specialized facilities required: Unlike other molecular tests, such as PCR-based tests, BD Affirm does not require specialized facilities.
- No specialized personnel needed: Easy to learn, easy to use
- Efficient: Hands-on time is less than 2 minutes
- Quick start: Most labs report being up and running with BD Affirm in less than a day
- Expanded outreach: Samples remain stable for up to 72 hours when used with the BD Affirm VPIII Ambient Temperature Transport 24-Swabs, 24-Squeeze Tubes, 24-Caps System (ATTS)