CLIA Waived LeadCare® II point-of-care system
The world's only CLIA-waived blood-lead system, LeadCare II improves clinical outcomes and is ideal for the physicians' offices, health clinics, or outreach-screening program.
Safe, fast, easy, and inexpensive to use, ESA developed LeadCare II with a grant from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. No more waiting days for expensive lab analysis, or worrying about losing track of a child that needs follow-up care. LeadCare II delivers quantitative blood lead results equivalent to those reported by outside laboratories in just three minutes. It improves patient care by providing on-the-spot results, cuts your staffs' result-tracking and administrative time, and qualifies for reimbursement as a quantitative blood lead test (CPT code: 83655).
- Point-of-care results in just three minutes – eliminates multiple visits
- Simple to operate – no special training required
- Capillary samples (two drops, 50 ìl) – easier for patient, parent, and staff
- Accuracy and sensitivity you can count on – comparable to reference-lab tests
- Reimbursable – CPT code: 83655; per-test cost typically less than a reference-lab test
LeadCare II features:
- Small – 9.0 in x 6.5 in x 3.5 in
- Lightweight – 2.4 lbs
- Portable – runs on four AA battery or AC adapter
- One-touch electronic calibration
- All reagents and supplies provided in a convenient test kit – stable at room temperature
- Completely safe – unique gold electrode sensor contains no mercury or other toxic materials